Re: Cairo-1.2.6 required

On 1/31/07, Carl Worth <cworth cworth org> wrote:
Thanks for confirming. That's what I wanted to make sure, that GNOME
testers were actually testing the snapshots of cairo that we're making
in preparation for providing cairo 1.4 for GNOME 2.18.

Now, as we continue to make new snapshots, (I expect to have at least
1.3.14 and 1.3.16 before we call it 1.4), do we need to make sure
something gets frobbed on the GNOME side to pickup the new snapshot or
is that happening automatically?

Basically, we just need some methodology to implement Gustavo's
earlier suggestion (it looks like no one objects to the general idea)
to automatically bump micro version numbers (or at least fast-track
the approval). For now, maybe you could ping the release-team with
each release and then any of us can update the wiki and the moduleset
file in svn?

And longer term, we can put some fast-track process in place; ideas
welcome.  (What makes the most sense?  Having an additional section
near the proposed updates section listing such modules and allowing
anyone to update such modules when new releases come out so long as
their willing to take flak if they accidentally break builds by doing
so?)

Elijah