Re: Multiple sessions for the same user?

Hi,

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:43:30 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> The plan for the new gdm is to require superuser privileges to reboot
> when there are multiple sessions, but allow all users to reboot when
> there is only one session. This will be configurable via PolicyKit.

I'm curious whether this takes into account physical access to a machine.
If I'm physically at a machine, then there's nothing to stop me ripping
out the power cable, or holding down the shutdown button long enough to
cause a hard shutdown. Because of this, I think it makes sense to allow
all local users to safely shutdown the machine.

Warning users that another user is logged on is of course a good idea.

Cheers,
--
Iain Nicol