Re: Proposed external dependency: PolicyKit/PolicyKit-gnome

Am Freitag, den 21.12.2007, 18:25 -0500 schrieb David Zeuthen:
> (And why aren't the libsexy people actively working with the gtk people
> about merging at least some of the useful stuff like UrlLabel into gtk?)

the release-team asked for this already two years ago when deciding
about the module inclusions for 2.14:
        "We also believe that the nice libsexy widgets should be tested
        in a few apps and, if they work well, integrate them in our
        already existing libraries, like GTK+."
it was still the same when the release-team decided about blessing
libnotify (depending on libsexy) as an external dependency for 2.20:
        "some of us still strongly feel that it should live in one of
        the libraries we already have in our stack (probably GTK+). We'd
        like to see people working on integrating this in our stack, or
        explaining why it's not possible to do so."

to answer your question: to me it's just that the libsexy developers
have moved on to other projects - otherwise i can't explain why any
private emails remain unanswered, no matter how often i nag to take a
look at the famous bug 354559.
so yet another "let's sit this out, someone else will maybe do it" case.

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed