Re: Proposed external dependency: PolicyKit/PolicyKit-gnome

Il giorno ven, 21/12/2007 alle 18.25 -0500, David Zeuthen ha scritto:
> On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 22:39 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > PolicyKit-gnome needs libsexy :-(
>
> Is that a big problem? I think the only thing I'm using this for is
> SexyUrlLabel. I'd hate to copy-paste...

Well, it seems to me that libsexy (and libnotify) can be used, but
modules should be able to be built without them too.

Currently PK-gnome has a hard dependence on it...

> (And why aren't the libsexy people actively working with the gtk people
> about merging at least some of the useful stuff like UrlLabel into gtk?)

Really gooooood question.

PS: what about localization? I mean, both PK and PK-gnome provides
translatable strings: are you planning to use any service like TP,
Ubuntu-Launchpad, or Fedora-Transifex? Of course the same "issue" exist
for other fd.o based deps such as hal or avahi.