Re: Proposed module: mousetweaks

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 04:52 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Homepage: https://launchpad.net/mousetweaks
> svn/git/bzr/...: http://codebrowse.launchpad.net/~lowfi/mousetweaks/trunk/files
> Proposal on d-d-l: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2007-September/msg00489.html
>
> Short description:
> ==================
> MouseTweaks is a set of special accessibility enhancements to
> controlling the mouse cursor. It provides:
>   * a pointer capture area
>   * a way to open the contextual menu with a left click and hold
>   * a way to perform the various clicks (single -, double -, drag -,
>     right click) by software without any hardware button, usually called
>     dwelling.
> Particularly, this would fill the current accessibility gap in GNOME for
> users who can move the pointer, but are not able click with any hardware
> button.

<disclaimer>
This is an analysis of the documentation, made on behalf of the
Gnome Documentation Team.  It does not necessarily reflect my
personal opinion of the module or its suitability for inclusion
in Gnome.  In many cases, I have not made extension use of the
applications or libraries provided.  Further insufficiencies in
the documentation may become more apparent with more use.
</disclaimer>

MouseTweaks currently has a user manual, and it appears to be
reasonably complete.  The fact that it's not in Gnome SVN means
that it will be difficult for the Gnome Documentation Team to
assist with documentation, and that our translators will not
be able to translate the document.

My understanding is that the community wanted the MouseTweaks
settings to be integrated into our Accessibility preferences,
but that this has not happened.  If this were to happen (and,
perhaps, even if not), then MouseTweaks should be documented
in the Accessiblity Guide and/or the User Guide.

--
Shaun