Re: Multiple sessions for the same user?

Hi,

Brian Nitz wrote:
Yes, it is hard work to QA every combination of (N keys + R releases)! This is why when I receive complaints of such behaviour in unstable releases, I can only recommend to log the bug against failure of key portability in a specific combination of stable releases. I don't want to add anything heavyweight to gconf, but I wonder if associating stability values with gconf keys and key subdirs would help manage future portability and allow as much configuration inheritance as possible without breaking everything?

There might be a feature worth doing here, I'm not sure... I haven't thought through the details. New feature work is generally going toward dconf rather than gconf (with the idea we'd have some kind of bridge between the two eventually, probably)

Havoc