Re: GUI applications should use the asynchronous version of the gnome-keyring calls

Li Yuan wrote:
> There are some applications using sync version of gnome-keyring
> calls, this may cause the desktop hang.

It's certainly a good idea for GUI applications to not block while
gnome-keyring prompts the user for a password.

But I'm not sure I understand why the entire desktop would hang, rather
than just that application. If an application doesn't tend to its
mainloop does this cause problems for the A11Y components in other
applications running on the desktop? I imagine this isn't the case. It
would be sort of 'token-ring-esque'...

Cheers,
Stef Walter