Re: GNOME online desktop - (some of the possible) next steps

2007/8/8, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>:
Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 10:57 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Some thoughts on near-term goals and steps to get things rolling (for
>> those who want to play):

> I miss the 'shared storage' thing in your list, like moving the
> themes/icons/backgrounds from art.gnome.org to be part of
> online.gnome.org. Any near future plans for that?

I don't know of anyone working on anything like that yet.

That's not an easy task, AGO3 (the art.gnome.org web app) is being written at the moment, a feed mashup on online.gnome.org might work there and maybe some API to handle ratings and popularity, but throwing the whole work of AGO3 to start from zero on o.g.o seems a pretty bad idea to me.

Havoc