Re: vinagre (vnc/rdp client)

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 08:02 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 10:22 -0700, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Calum Benson">

> > > Yep.  It just means JDS can show an http address in the vino-preferences
> > > dialog that's usable by anyone (firewalls permitting), whereas the
> > > community version shows a vncviewer command that may or may not actually
> > > be directly useful to whoever you're giving the instructions to.
>
> 	It was a judgement call that vncviewer would be more likely to be
> usable by the people using upstream GNOME that the Java applet. Maybe
> that situation has changed, but I'm not so sure - e.g. I don't have a
> Java plugin installed here.
The applet way is more usable

[1] vncviewer is not installed by default in some systems, such as
Windows, Solaris, etc. But all systems has browser, which means type
http://<vino_server>:<port>, is enough. And vino do has a feature to
send out the command by email.

[2] firewall tunneling
+1

> 	The applet was a little fugly too AFAIR ... but so is vncviewer.
'fugly' means ugly?

> 	Anyway, there probably wasn't any call for deleting it from CVS. There
> might be some hope of improving it if it was in CVS but not installed by
> default.
Any history to remove those staff out of CVS?