Re: Documentation for gtk-doc?

On 4/16/07, Damon Chaplin <damon karuna eclipse co uk> wrote:
> But for this to work, the file libgtksourceview-1.0.la already needs
> to exist, which it of course doesn't unless you have already compiled
> the library. Is there a solution to that? Like a way to say that the
> documentation can not be built before the library is built?

In your Makefile.am you usually have the source directories before the
documentation directories.

SUBDIRS = src demo docs po

That should work.. unless I type "make" inside the /docs directory
before building the library. :)

gtk-doc outputs the "minimal" format at the top of the file and the
"verbose" format later on. The pages you reference have both formats,
don't they?

No, they are different. Here are direct links to the two tables:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWindow.html#id2770572
(compressed format)
http://gtksourceview.sourceforge.net/docs/GtkSourceBuffer.html#signal_proto
(verbose format)