Re: Documentation for gtk-doc?

On 4/15/07, Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org> wrote:
On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 22:51 +0200, BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
> Thank you!
>
> I have tried to add documentation to signals like in the example on
> the wiki. But that plain just does not work. Is there some kind of
> setting I need to use to turn it on?
>
> If you build your documentation for your source and then add more
> code, gtk-doc wont pick up the new documentation. I bet it has
> something to do with the .sgml and .xml files gtk-doc generates, but I
> can't figure out how to force it to.
>

>From memory, signals are documented like:

/**
 * GtkWidget::motion-notify-event:
 * arg1: bla bla
 * arg2: bla bla
 *
 * bla bla bla bla bla.
 *
 * Returns: bla
 */

Remember that you must always update your "sections" text file
every time elements are added/removed from your api (this is always
done by hand and is the most annoying part of updating the docs).

So long as you are paying attention to the output of make, you'll
notice that it will tell you how many apis are unaccounted for
in your sections file and it will even make a resume of all these
functions and dump them into a "missing" file.

Thanks! Updating the sections file made gtk-doc find the added
function. But I still can't get it to find the signal. I'm sure I have
used the correct syntax to document it. Should it also be added to the
sections file somehow?

--
mvh Björn