Re: what happened to beagle search in places menu?

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 20:38 +0200, David Prieto wrote:

> In Edgy, and having beagle installed, going to places → search for files
> would open a beagle search. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore, as
> I'm getting gnome-search-tool instead.

which is the default for GNOME upstream, until the Beagle maintainers
propose the Beagle search tool for inclusion in GNOME - or until a
uniform glib-based layer is written and gnome-search-tool can query
Beagle (or any other indexer/search engine) when doing searches. I'd
really prefer the latter option, so that we don't just simply throw away
a UI which has been tuned and fixed in the last years.

as far as I remember Ubuntu switched the menu item for gnome-search-tool
with Beagle (don't know if they are still doing it) if Beagle was
installed.

> Is this how it's supposed to be, or are we talking about a bug here?

it's supposed to work like this, yes.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--