Re: doesn't the session splash disappear too soon?

On 04/04/07 09:59, Frederic Crozat wrote:
Le mercredi 04 avril 2007 à 09:31 +0100, Thomas Wood a écrit :
[...]

Ugh, can't we get rid of the splash screen yet?

I don't think it is a good idea : a lot of people don't have fast as
light systems which give you a working desktop 2s after typing your
password.

Splash is still a way to tell those people (me included) that their
system is working ;)

Well, I usually don't give up on my system unless I've been waiting for 10 seconds or more. I can't actually find any example of another desktop system (other than KDE) that has a splash screen between login and presenting the desktop.

Regards,

Thomas