Re: The future of session management in GNOME

Il giorno lun, 11/09/2006 alle 10.59 +0100, Ghee Teo ha scritto:
> > In fact, how many GNOME apps do the state-saving correctly (whatever
> > that means)?
> >
>     Out of the top of my head, gnome-terminal. It remembers the working
> directories of various gnome-terminal.
> Other example is said,  gedit opens the previous session files to the
> point the last mouse cursor is, but it doesn't atm.

gedit has quite a bit of code to properly save and restore the session,
including which files were open, where etc. It also properly handles
blocking the logout in case there is unsaved data. The cursor position
is saved too, but is not part of the gnome session: it is always
saved/restored every time a document is closed even within the same
session. Unfortunately sometimes we hit a bug (partly in GtkTextView)
that despite placing the cursor at the proper line it doesn't scroll the
view to the cursor.

ciao
	Paolo