Re: The future of session management in GNOME

Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 00:25 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
I do think the XSMP state-saving model is absurd and should be ignored, however, even if XSMP is used for logout notification.

yeah, I would even completely remove the state saving thing :-)

In fact, how many GNOME apps do the state-saving correctly (whatever
that means)?
Out of the top of my head, gnome-terminal. It remembers the working directories of various gnome-terminal. Other example is said, gedit opens the previous session files to the point the last mouse cursor is, but it doesn't atm.

-Ghee