Re: Showing gnome-keyring passwords in Seahorse [was: Proposal for Seahorse inclusion in GNOME 2.18]

Le dimanche 10 septembre 2006, à 23:40, Nate Nielsen a écrit :
> Nate Nielsen wrote:
> > Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
> >> As an outsider I'm wondering: would a merge with gnome-keyring itself
> >> instead of building on top of it be a good idea?
> >
> > The underlying concepts and technologies of gnome-keyring (which really
> > should be 'gnome-password') and encryption keys are extremely different.
> >
> > That said, presenting them to the user in a common UI may be an idea
> > worth pursuing.
>
> I had a discussion today with some users and to them it seemed like a
> perfect idea to show a tab with 'Passwords' in the main seahorse
> 'keyring window'. Said they had wondered why their passwords didn't show up.

You'll probably want to discuss with the gnome-keyring-manager people
since if you integrate the passwords in the UI and if seahorse is
integrated, it will probably mean that it will replace
gnome-keyring-manager.

Cheers,

Vincent

--