Re: Planning Gnome Scan Inclusion

Hello,

I don't understand why share a scanner per user. If multiple session are
open. Do we see multiple scanner in avahi ? That does not make any
sense !

I don't want to be crappy, but i feel sane people behavior similar XF86
people. Trust me, they will *never* accept such patch. They didn't even
respond to the announce of Gnome Scan. (Seems xsane is the ultimate sane
frontend for such people).

I really don't want to fork alone saned. Also because i will also fork
sane itself if i do so !

Really, as long as i'm alone working on that, i want to just write a
SANE frontend. Just reusing what exists as far as possible. Once i know
better how work SANE, once i will dive into SANE code, i will send
patche and see if the amount of patchs worth a fork. I really don't want
to fork such project.

Also, note that the first goal is hal. Then sharing. And all of that is
for 2.20.

�ienne.
--
Verso l'Alto !