Re: gnome desktop integration library

Hi,

To be slightly more constructive, I was thinking on the drive home, why wouldn't there be something like:

interface GdkSession {
  signal "online-changed"
  signal "screensaver-changed"
  signal "idleness-changed"
  signal "logging-out"

  /* plus getters for all those states */
}

GdkSession* gdk_display_get_session(GdkDisplay *display);

This seems to cover lots of the issues raised. It would obviously have platform-specific backend, which could be dbus, or anything else that works.

I'd add a session management API to that too if I didn't think session management was useless and broken ;-) (beyond the logging-out signal there)

Havoc