Re: Playing a sound in GNOME

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 13:48 +0300, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
> libgnome has two interfaces for playing sound. First of all, it's
> simple
> interface for playing sound file from gnome-sound.h. This interface
> should be reimplemented with gstreamer api mentioned above or
> application can use gstreamer api directly.

I think whatever is done, there needs to be a way for application "foo"
to play file "ding.wav" without worrying about the intricacies of
gstreamer. Don't get me wrong, the gstreamer API is great (and really
powerful) but somewhat complicated when you just want a "alert" sound
from the speakers.

Richard.