Re: jhbuild failing due to cvs conflicts
- From: "Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro" <gjc inescporto pt>
- To: Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au>
- Cc: Gnome Desktop Development List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: jhbuild failing due to cvs conflicts
- Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 16:43:29 +0000
On Seg, 2006-10-30 at 00:22 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 12:43 +0000, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
> > However, there's one more major problem standing in our way to smooth
> > jhbuilding. It seems that many modules are still producing cvs
> > conflicts in po files. For example:
> > I am _sure_ I didn't personally change any gstreamer po file; logic
> > dictates that I should not therefore be penalized by cvs conflicts.
> > What's happening here? Can it be fixed?
> (At a guess) They're being changed when you build. Something is running
> an intltool merge. I thought we had stopped this behaviour from
> happening (it used to always happen with make dist). Of course, this is
> GStreamer, so their build system probably runs a little differently.
You're probably right that something during build is changing the po
files, but two things to note:
1. I'm not completely sure, but I think this happened also with
another package, not gst*, though I don't remember the name;
2. I certainly never did a "make dist" on any gst package.
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
<gjc inescporto pt> <gustavo users sourceforge net>
The universe is always one step beyond logic.
] [Thread Prev