Re: jhbuild failing due to cvs conflicts

On Seg, 2006-10-30 at 00:22 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 12:43 +0000, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>
> >   However, there's one more major problem standing in our way to smooth
> > jhbuilding.  It seems that many modules are still producing cvs
> > conflicts in po files. For example:
>
> >   I am _sure_ I didn't personally change any gstreamer po file; logic
> > dictates that I should not therefore be penalized by cvs conflicts.
> > What's happening here?  Can it be fixed?
>
> (At a guess) They're being changed when you build. Something is running
> an intltool merge. I thought we had stopped this behaviour from
> happening (it used to always happen with make dist). Of course, this is
> GStreamer, so their build system probably runs a little differently.

  You're probably right that something during build is changing the po
files, but two things to note:

   1. I'm not completely sure, but I think this happened also with
another package, not gst*, though I don't remember the name;

   2. I certainly never did a "make dist" on any gst package.

  Regards,

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic.