Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

Il giorno mar, 24/10/2006 alle 17.24 +0100, Jamie McCracken ha scritto:
> Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > Il giorno gio, 19/10/2006 alle 03.10 +0100, Jamie McCracken ha scritto:
> >> Hi,

<snap>

> >       * of course the patch don't include po/LINGUAS and po/ChangeLog
> >         files

I forgot po/POTFILES.in file, not included in attached patch.

> > I can commit this on cvs in a day or two, if you like.
>
> We had some build problems using the generated aclocal (not me but some
> other people did).

On my jhbuild sandbox aclocal.m4 is replaced

> Is the generated stuff gnome specific? Because tracker daemon is
> freedesktop and might be used by XFCE or some other desktop I would need
> that bit to be optional if it is.
>
> We only build the tracker-search-tool if Gnome libs are detected. Im not
> an expert on the auto-foo stuff so any advioce here would be most
> appreciated

GETTEXT and INTLTOOL macros in configure.in are inside the
        if test "$have_gnome" = "yes";

The only problem could the po directory: it could need an "if" in
Makefile.am.

I'll investigate.

> > Cheers, Luca.
> >

> > PS please note the "vbox = gtk_hbox_new (FALSE, 2);" in
> > src/tracker-search-tool/tracker-search-tool.c
> > While it's strange use "vbox" as name for a hbox, this should be (TRUE,
> > 2) to have Previous and Next buttons at the same size. The same size for
> > buttons is an HIG request for dialogs.
> > Can I fix those issues too?
>
> yes please :)
>
> thanks you.