Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18
- From: Steve Frécinaux <nudrema gmail com>
- To: David Prieto <frandavid100 gmail com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18
- Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:32:15 +0200
David Prieto wrote:
This is not directly related to the topic, but is there any way that I
can still propose Mathusalem for inclusion into 2.18?
http://tw.apinc.org/weblog/2006/05/26#summer-of-code-acceptance (just in
case you don't know what I'm talking about).
I'm *against* mathusalem inclusion for 2.18. Reason is that I won't have
enough time to bring it to an usable state now due to my other
activities, and to be fair it needs some heavy rework.
Moreover, having it part of the gnome release that early would mean that
it would have to respect freezes... That wouldn't be very practical...
It's *not* a finished/stable project.
I would instead propose to see if I can do anything good from now to
2.18 release, and then use it as an optional dependency for projects
that want to. And then maybe propose it for 2.20.
One-Line Summary: I'm strongly against that idea as for now.
] [Thread Prev