Re: Introducing NewStuffManager

Sebastian Pölsterl wrote:
I'm posting this here to encourage you to read my presentation at
http://www.k-d-w.org/clipboard/NewStuffManager/ and to find out what you
are expecting from such an application.

Hi Sebastian,

I missed Nigel's original e-mail, and on reading it now, I think an extension downloading and applying mechanism is needed in GNOME. Thanks loads for working on this, you rock :-)

I haven't looked at the presentation in too much depth, but in Nigel's original e-mail, he mentions there's no security. What's the status on this - have you implemented GPG signing now, or are you still planning on doing so in the future? I do think any extension mechanism nowadays is absolutely worthless until we can verify that the code came from a trusted source.

Thanks,

Andrew