Re: Glade 3.0 stable branched

On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 10:08 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> Davyd Madeley wrote:
> [...]
>
> >>We should *totally* have a developer tools suite.
> >>

> >I agree.
> >

>     Well that makes 3 of us :) so I went ahead and created a wiki page
> http://live.gnome.org/DevelTools so we can see what happens, other
> interested module maintainers that think thier module is suitable for
> a developer tools suite should propose thier module for inclusion
> on that page (for now I just put glade ofcourse) - once we have a sign
> of collaboration on this then we can start figuring release schedules
> and stuff, maybe open an ML - I dont know.

I just added my own comments there re: "Eclipsifying GNOME" as a broad
target for a development suite. My argument is that if it's really easy
to checkout, hack, and submit patches to any GNOME module, then there
would be an increase in the numbers of fresh developers. In particular,
it would make it easier for reasonably competent programmers (such as
myself) to get more actively involved in coding fixes, rather than just
submitting bug reports.

Getting to that point would take a lot of work, but I think it's useful
to brainstorm about such possible high level design.

--
Michael R. Head <burner suppressingfire org>
suppressingfire.org