Re: Proposal: NetworkManager for GNOME 2.18.

On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 21:00 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:

> So, several people suggested that having separate packages would be
> useful. I guess it's also useful for testing reasons and to send a clear
> message that NetworkManager is not GNOME-specific. And also it'll be
> easier to make new releases for GNOME releases. Things like that.
>
> Is there any reason the NM hackers would prefer to keep only one
> tarball?

Yah, it is much easier to keep both in the same tarball since (a) it is
one CVS repository and (b) it is a single build tree.  We'd have to make
changes upstream to go to two tarballs.

Right now you can compile the daemon without the applet (e.g., for
KNetworkManager users) but not the applet without the daemon.  Although
they are conceptually and technically separate, the tree is not set up
that way.

And I am not all of NM; Dan should weigh in.  I CC'ed him in case he is
not on this list.

	Robert