Re: pam-keyring-tool as default?

Baptiste Mille-Mathias wrote:

> Hi David
>
> This is a distribution problem not GNOME, because pam_keyring is not
> part of GNOME Desktop, and the distributor does the integration of
> pam_keyring, so the best thing is to address your concern to the
> ubuntu developpers.

pam_keyring does not integrate properly to multi-desktop environment -
users of KDE or minimalistic desktops probably don't want running
gnome-keyring-daemon. It only wastes memory there - they will not use
GNOME applications.

Current implementation is missing following feature:
- Remember password.
- If user selects other desktop than GNOME, quit.

Thinking more about it, I can imagine trivial login helper (without glib
dependency), which only remembers password and waits for
gnome-keyring-daemon instance to pass the password to it. If it does not
appear in defined time, it will quit.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: sbrabec suse cz
Lihovarská 1060/12                            tel: +420 284 028 966
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/