Re: categories in control center applets

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 21:29 +0100, Tomasz Torcz wrote:

>  So GST properties are user ones, as proxies, preferred apps, sessions.
> In other hand, changes to power management, boot order, services (remote
> desktop) are affecting all users.
>
>  It would be nice to retain this separation and do not mix categories.
>
> * Seen at last in FC5, Ubuntu 6.10 and FRG 2.16.

On my Ubuntu installation there are a few things under Administration
which are relevant for the current (non-root) user:

"Keyboard indicator plugins" - What does that even do?
Keyring manager
Network tools
System monitor

However, I think the only the first two are strictl configuration
applets.

In general it does feel to me that we've gone full circle back to a
central configuration panel which is something we had in the GNOME1'ish
time. And also of course there was "preferences:///" some time between
then and now.

I'm not saying that slab is a bad thing just it seems interesting that
we go around in circles like this. :)

Cheers,

Rob
--