Re: Desktop as Nautilus

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 13:52, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> If it's in the bottom right corner of the screen (as it is in Ubuntu's
> default setup, for example), it's several thousand pixels wide and
> several thousand pixels high, making it the easiest thing to drag to in
> the whole of Gnome.
>
> If you can't easily drag from one side of the screen to the other,
> there's something wrong with your mouse acceleration settings.

I have recently acquired a 24" screen and I must say things are not so
simple. Fitt's law works for "small" screens, but not for big ones. Of
course you could have a big acceleration factor to be able to cross the
screen in one hand movement, but then you can't use your mouse anymore
to draw something with the Gimp (and big screen users are often
graphists).

	Xav