Re: release notes: first draft

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 10:08 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le lundi 06 mars 2006 �3:57 +0800, Davyd Madeley a �it :
> > Ok guys and gals. I am announcing a preliminary draft of the release
> > notes for 2.14. We now require proof readers for spelling, grammar and
> > technical correctness.
> >
> > The latest committed version is online at:
> >     http://www.gnome.org/start/2.14/notes/C/index.html
>
> I just noticed that two screenshots features some ubuntu-specific
> changes:
>
>   + the menu bar on the first page uses System instead of Desktop
>
>   + the sound pref dialog screenshot in the "What's new for users"
>     page features a "default sound card" combo box (added by an ubuntu
>     patch)
>
> Should we update them?

We probably should. I have a screenshot of the sound pref. without the
default sound card entry. But I'm not all that great with using gimp to
remove the little black bits from the top corners. I'll upload it and
hopeful Davyd or someone else can fix it. The other screenshot should
probably be replaced too. It might seem a bit odd for some users to see
"System" instead of "Desktop". I'll try replacing that one too and again
either Davyd or someone else can make adjustments as needed.

Bob

--
Bob Kashani
GARNOME Project