Re: Writing the press release for 2.14.0 (was Re: release notes: first draft)

On 3/9/06, Rajiv Vyas <r rvyas gmail com> wrote:
> On 3/9/06, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Le lundi 06 mars 2006 à 23:57 +0800, Davyd Madeley a écrit :
> > >  - Does anyone want to take charge on writing a press release? I am
> > > willing to raise my hand again if so required.
> >
> > Did anyone start working on it? Any volunteer from the marketing team?
>

> I can probably work on this. Am in beween jobs so should be able to
> work over the weekend. The only caveat is that my new job starts early
> next week, so after than I won't have much time.

Here is the first stab at the release notes. I have excluded the What
is GNOME part, as that is not likely to change that much.

----

The GNOME Project is please to announce the release of the latest
version of the GNOME Desktop and Developer Platform, the leading
desktop for Linux and Unix operating systems. Version 2.14 improves
the usability, power and performance of GNOME in response to user
feedback and developer contributions, and includes thousands of
changes to refine the easiest and friendliest free software desktop.

Some the key new features:

 * The creation of an admin suite. including a lock down editor,
Pessulus, and a user profile editor, Sabayon.
 * A new search bar, called Deskbar, which can search through local
files, programs and contacts as well as on the web
 * Ekiga, a VOIP client which can now talk SIP, used by Google Talk,
Asterisk and others. Ekiga was formerly known as GnomeMeeting
 * The ability to switch users quickly, without logging off
 * Even easier configuration
 * Performance work, making your desktop even snappier.

For more detailed information about the great new features of GNOME
2.14, please see the 2.14 release notes at
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.14/notes/C/index.html

To get GNOME 2.14 for your favourite flavour of Linux, BSD, Solaris or
Unix, please see our Getting Footware page at
http://www.gnome.org/~davyd/footware.shtml

----

Thoughts?

Corey