Re: Putting the 'Mono debate' back on the rails
- From: Mike Kestner <mkestner novell com>
- To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Putting the 'Mono debate' back on the rails
- Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:51:45 -0500
On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 20:09 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Is the goal here to reinvent Gtk# in Gtkmm's image, or to satisfy the
> > requirements of the release set? Last time I checked, libglade was a
> > platform library.
> I do not understand you (or your colleagues) always need to be so
> aggressive and insulting every time this is discussed. What part of my
> email made you feel that was necessary?
Sorry you felt insulted.
Thank you for your suggestion. I am well acquainted with your opinion
on this matter. We have considered and declined the idea of splitting
our binding into a set of tarballs for each bound library. We think
that we are already providing a very packaging-friendly set of
Pardon my abruptness.
Mike Kestner <mkestner novell com>
] [Thread Prev