Re: [Evolution-hackers] Memory consumption and virtual machines

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 21:03 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> Me, the current Camel maintainer Varadhan and old Camel warrior Fejj are
> very aware of this. We have a few solutions in mind and will be working
> on implementing these ideas. The solutions will not require a restart of
> Evolution. The current patch requires this.
>

> This is not a technical impossibility. It's just something that isn't
> technically implemented by the patch yet. Mostly because tinymail
> doesn't need this restart (and the patch was initially engineered for
> the purpose of tinymail).

Also note that cause of a few reasons involving stress on the side of
the Evolution team (feature freeze and stuff like that), and me relaxing
a little bit now, I've put the work on the patch temporarily on hold.

The current agreement with the Evolution team and idea is to make a
branch for evolution-data-server where the experiment will continue.

The camel-lite-builder tool* will, however, build you a camel with the
summary patch. You can even use the resulting camel with Evolution if
you overwrite the so's with the so's that will be installed if you
compile a normale evolution-data-server. You can of course also simply
apply the patch on evolution-data-server (which is what camel-lite-
builder will do for you)

https://svn.tinymail.org/svn/camel-lite-builder/trunk

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org