Re: Time to heat up the new module discussion

Hi,

I'm glad to see the flamewar already started ;-)

On mar, 2006-07-11 at 14:16 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
> So, to start of the discussion, the proposed modules AFAIR are:
>  * orca (as a replacement to gnopernicus)

Yes

>  * alacarte

It's better than the current menu editor. I guess we'll have to stop
shipping the current one, then.

>  * gnome-power-manager

Yes.

>  * Tomboy

I honestly don't know :-)
I'm wondering about what we'll do with the sticky notes applet since it
might be redundant.

>  * Gtk#

Was Gtk# updated to bind GTK+ 2.10 (and other libraries)?

> There's one additional issue to address as well:
>  * Okay to have desktop modules depend on gtk# bindings?

I've no strong opinion for now. Well, my opinion is that we shouldn't
look at it this way: we should stop delivering a fixed desktop set with
apps A, B, C, ... But that won't help with this question right now ;-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�