If it aint broke dont fix it

[was Subject: Re: Time to heat up the new module discussion]

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006, Vincent Untz wrote:

> >  * Tomboy
>
> I honestly don't know :-)

> I'm wondering about what we'll do with the sticky notes applet since it
> might be redundant.

Although there is some overlap in the task trying to be achieved Tomboy is
a different - arguably better - kind of a notes application than
necessarily a direct replacement for sticky notes but users might be happy
to keep using what they have been using and not necessarily be in any
hurry to change.  I would like to see a little less application churn, so
ordinary Gnome users could expect a certain level of stability from
release to release and avoid relearning the newer "better" tools if they
were happy enough with what was offered before.  I would hope that sticky
notes would be left in for the forseeable future so that Tomboy would be
an upgrade for those who want it and those happily using Sticky notes
would remain undisturbed.

If Tomboy is included I hope sticky notes will be left available to
ordinary users.  (Essentially if you are not a system administrator
installing it yourself isn't an option.)

--
Alan H.