Re: Time to heat up the new module discussion

On 7/15/06, Alvaro Lopez Ortega <alvaro 0x50 org> wrote:

  Of course, that was just an example. Actually, I put an
  interrogation mark after Java.  However, if we accept the dependency
  of extra frameworks, it could end up being like that in a couple of
  years, so it wasn't a crazy idea either.

So, in a couple of years, if the java gtk+ bindings are good and
there's a couple of really cool apps that take advantage of them,
whats the problem if we let java apps in? I'd say that if it was
started today, it would be 3 years before we reach that spot, what
sort of systems will we be using in 3 years? I have no idea...I don't
think we can let our fears of the unknown distant future shape our
decisions today.