Re: FreeType upgrade => apps linked against libttf.so need to be rebuilt
- From: Rodney Dawes <dobey novell com>
- To: "Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D." <joseph_sacco comcast net>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: FreeType upgrade => apps linked against libttf.so need to be rebuilt
- Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:39:10 -0400
Which still points at Fedora. On other distros that don't do this, those
apps don't need to be rebuilt. On Debian, for example, libttf.so is in a
separate package anyway. Please take this to Fedora's bugzilla.
On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 12:48 -0400, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:
> OK... Which leads us back to my original comment that apps that are
> linked against libttf.so need to be rebuilt.
> On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 12:34 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > On 7/10/06, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. <joseph_sacco comcast net> wrote:
> > > FreeType-2.1.x contains libttf.so as well as libfreetype.so. See Fedora
> > > 4 & 5.
> > >
> > >
> > > In version 2.2.x, the true type font stuff has been incorporated into
> > > libfreetype and libttf.so has been eliminated.
> > >
> > Thats entirely a fedora packaging issue. Freetype 1 was subsumed in the
> > freetype package.
] [Thread Prev