Re: FreeType upgrade => apps linked against libttf.so need to be rebuilt

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 12:07 -0400, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:
> FreeType-2.1.x contains libttf.so as well as libfreetype.so. See Fedora
> 4 & 5.
>

> In version 2.2.x, the true type font stuff has been incorporated into
> libfreetype and libttf.so has been eliminated.

No, you are wrong.  The FreeType *Fedora package* was shipping both
FreeType 1 and FreeType 2, so it included libttf.so.  When updating it
to FreeType 2.2.1, I removed the FreeType 1 stuff.  That hit Rawhide
this weekend.  I'm going to package freetype1 for extras.

To summarize, this has nothing to do with FreeType proper, or GNOME.
Just a Fedora packaging issue.

behdad

--
behdad