Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules

Chipzz wrote:

A comment here which not only refers to gedit, but also to those other
apps which are creating plugins: do we actually have a standard consis-
tant cross-application framework for scripting? I don't know how good
VBA is at this, but I think we cannot have a different approach for e-
very other application like gnumeric and abiword and gedit etc... Did
anyone actually bother to think this through?

It looks like Python is becoming some kind of a de facto standard here. So given that you have the same language and mostly the same api across the whole desktop, ...