Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 01:08 +0100, Paolo Borelli wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 12/01/2006 alle 01.02 +0100, Murray Cumming ha scritto:
> > I don't understand how the python gtksourceview bindings are being used
> > by gedit. Is it used by the plugin system or by a plugin that is
> > supplied with gedit?
> >

> The inheritance goes
>
> GtkTextBuffer -> GtkSourceBuffer -> GeditDocument
> GtkTextView -> GtkSourceView -> GeditView
>
> plugins have full access to the buffer and view, so they can for
> instance set and get properties of GtkSourceView.
>
> Beside some crucial stuff like undo/redo and printing is implemented in
> sourceview and plugins may need to poke at it.

So, does gedit have the dependency because it ships python bindings in
its tarball, but does not actually use those bindings itself? If so, why
not just put the gedit bindings in gnome-python-extras, along with the
epiphany plugin bindings?

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com