Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 23:00 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's an attempt to sum up the current state of what looks like
> consensus about the proposed modules. It's an attempt, so I might be
> wrong :-)

>  + gnome-power-manager: I don't remember much discussion. What do you
> think? Is it well-tested?

Good stuff.  Has been in fedora rawhide for awhile.

>  + gnome-screensaver: people want this. I'd say we should go with it and
> I believe it's the general consensus, but maybe some people think it's
> not ready yet?

Works great. Less filling.

>  + pessulus: some positive feedback. Maybe create an admin suite for it
> and sabayon? I'm not sure it's appropriate outside an admin suite.
>
>  + sabayon: positive feedback. Would be nice in an admin suite too.

+1 for admin suite

>  + libnotify & notify-daemon: I don't remember seeing it clearly
> proposed on the lists, but when I asked John (or was it Rodrigo?) on
> IRC, he told me it was :-) Probably needs some discussion first, though.
> Some modules already have optional dependency and can use it.

There was a mail of someone requesting it for inclusion.  I'm all for
it.  Dobey and ChipX86 are putting some final touches.  Note Christian
has renamed notify-daemon back to notification-daemon.

--
John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com>