GDFL - why is it bad? Debian could do better! (was: Re: Debian and the GFDL problem)

Am Donnerstag, den 05.01.2006, 11:11 +0100 schrieb Jordi Mallach:
> In most cases, policies were established before the voices against the
> license got strong, but I suspect that the strongest reason is that
> "if
> the FSF recommends this one for docs, it must be The Right Thing".
>
> Well, we don't think it is ;)

What are the precise problem with GDFL-licensed documents, when there
are no invariant sections? We can have a policy to accept any
GDFL-licensed document if it doesn't contain any invariant section.
Debian could have done so as well, but they decided to distinguish
themselves as unpragmatic nerds.

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>