Re: requesting official list of modules and versions for GNOME 2.14
- From: James Henstridge <james jamesh id au>
- To: Andy Wingo <wingo pobox com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: requesting official list of modules and versions for GNOME 2.14
- Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:58:14 +0800
Andy Wingo wrote:
>There is no way to manually rebuild the registry in 0.10, so no more
>post-installation hooks are needed in distro packages.
I realise there is no need to manually rebuild the registry. I was just
wondering if there was a way for an administrator to rebuild the
registry (or a package postinst script), the same as is possible with
I'm wondering how many users would actually correlate the increased
startup time with the fact that they'd installed an OS update, rather
than considering the app to be unreliable.
However, if the registration is fast in the general case, then it
probably isn't a problem.
] [Thread Prev