Re: requesting official list of modules and versions for GNOME 2.14

Hi Davyd,

Davyd Madeley wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 12:27:34PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:

A comment about the "notification spam": the user only gets 4
notifications for "low battery", "very low battery" and "critical
battery" and one saying "I'm doing the low-power action in 10 seconds"
-- and then there are a 2 optional notifications (i.e. that you can turn
off in gconf) for things like notification when you remove the
ac_adapter, or when the battery reaches 100%.

This is exactly what I mean by notification spam. I hope to get some
clarification on what is good notification and bad notification that
is suitable for the HIG shortly.

In my opinion this is possibly the most clear cut and legitimate case for using notifications. I think a message that essentially says that your computer will run out of gas in 2 minutes is hardly "notification spam".

Jon