Re: NLD10 and GNOME

Hey,

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 11:52 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> Nor does the committee argument stand up. It is perfectly possible to
> post in advance that "we are going to do this, we've created a temporary
> alternate repository for the work and if you want to join in or help
> merge stuff back as it meets acceptability please sign up"

Indeed that's probably one of the few problems I could possibly have -
seeing this stuff through some demonstration videos of NLD [1]. We
probably just need some common sense involved in making sure the
appropriate people in the community get a heads up so they don't have to
see it 2nd or 3rd hand. Innovation happens elsewhere, and that's really,
really great to see. We can just be a lot more mature about it and the
community that we're building.

Glynn

[1] And I'm 100% sure Sun has been in this boat too...