Re: NLD10 and GNOME
- From: Glynn Foster <Glynn Foster sun com>
- To: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- Cc: Dan Winship <danw novell com>, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com>, JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: NLD10 and GNOME
- Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 23:36:40 +1300
On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 11:52 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> Nor does the committee argument stand up. It is perfectly possible to
> post in advance that "we are going to do this, we've created a temporary
> alternate repository for the work and if you want to join in or help
> merge stuff back as it meets acceptability please sign up"
Indeed that's probably one of the few problems I could possibly have -
seeing this stuff through some demonstration videos of NLD . We
probably just need some common sense involved in making sure the
appropriate people in the community get a heads up so they don't have to
see it 2nd or 3rd hand. Innovation happens elsewhere, and that's really,
really great to see. We can just be a lot more mature about it and the
community that we're building.
 And I'm 100% sure Sun has been in this boat too...
] [Thread Prev