Re: Design by Community

<quote who="Dan Winship">

> But it seems to me now that everyone other than me (and possibly Jono) is
> actually talking about Xgl, and I have no comment on that.
>
> (OTOH, if you really were saying that Novell's writing a replacement for
> the panel menu was "commons-sapping, community-tearing, morally and
> intellectually lazy", then by all means, let me know so I can write a
> suitably rude reply. :)

I was not talking exclusively about Novell, Xgl, or the new panel applet. I
was talking about a serious problem in our community, and the destructive
ideas, memes and role models that support it.

- Jeff

--
FISL 7.0: Porto Alegre, Brazil        http://fisl.softwarelivre.org/7.0/www/

   "Oh my god, if I get killed, Meryl Streep will get an award playing my
          life and I would be really pissed off." - Susan Sarandon