Re: Alt Mouse Modifier (Was: Adaptive mode)

Elijah Newren wrote:
Just a me-too on how unfortunate the Alt modifier
thing for window moving is.  I know of at least
one major piece of third-party software that uses
Alt as a modifier for certain mouse operations,
and it's been doing so since long before Gnome
stole it for window movement.

Maya?  Or is there another?
Meld, the diff tool for GNOME. Don't know about GIMP, btw.

Yes, but is that such a big problem?  Few users even know that it
exists (and, in fact, it affects usability decisions because we can't
depend on users knowing about it) so why is it considered essential
enough that it has to be Alt?
Well, not really.

I personally think that Super should have remained as the default, but
given how long it has been Alt, changing (again) would probably do
more harm than good.
Certainly.

--
  Alexey "Ktirf" Rusakov