Re: Adding network awareness to parts of gnome

On dim, 2006-12-10 at 18:14 -0500, Jon Nettleton wrote:
> While testing the configuration daemon I figured out what really annoys
> me the most.  My gweather applet starts before nm-applet, so it never
> has the weather when I first log into my desktop.  I always have to do a
> manual update  (grrr the thought infuriates me).  This all finally leads
> me to my real point and question.  I was tired of this behavior, so I
> added dbus functionality to the gweather applet so it could figure out
> when it could get updates.  I was going to post my patch to bugzilla,
> but I wondered if there was a greater plan for enabling this
> functionality in relevant apps?  If so I won't bother.

I agree with you, network experience would really rocks if all our
applications was NM aware.

I suppose if the release team accept NM for 2.18, we'll start work to
add support in all apps. Maybe a wiki page like for GNOME goals or
something could be useful for that work.

	G.

--
Guillaume Desmottes <cass skynet be>
Jabber <cassidy jabber belnet be>