Re: sticky-notes -> tomboy conversion

On 8/22/06, Sanford Armstrong <sanfordarmstrong gmail com> wrote:
On 8/22/06, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:

> So, can we please make the sticky notes import happen automatically and
> unintrusively at startup ? After all, we already replaced the applet itself
> without asking the user...

This is in progress and will be in Real Soon Now.

Of course, if the sticky-notes deprecation was premature, and sticky-notes
will be back for another round in 2.16, then a manual conversion is more
appropriate - but it could be more discoverable. How about replacing the
"Open Plugins Folder" menuitem (which is of dubious usefulness anyway)
by an "Import Sticky Notes" menuitem ? Or add a button to the Table of
Contents dialog - which is the place where I would go to for my
missing notes ? Such a button could be added  only if we find existing
sticky-notes configuration...

Matthias