Re: GNOME user question

I don't think anybody has the situation you're in.  It's not recommended
people do that since you never guarantee something doesn't get messed
up.  Have you considered using a VNC model instead?  Give a generic
environment and then let them vnc into their desktop?  Alternatively,
you could export the desktop on the main one (GNOME has a VNC server
built in) and then connect to it from another machine.

This sounds like a better setup than what you're describing.  We can
take this off line as I don't think it directly contribute to developing
GNOME as it's a topic of system administration.

sri