Re: Common knowledge in jhbuild for funny modules

Hi Federico,

I read with despair gnome-love threads and Cecilia comment on her
blog, sorry I was not available for help by the time.

> Also, we have hal, which never builds because it wants libvolume_id.  I
> know this is mentioned here:
> http://live.gnome.org/JhbuildIssues/hal
>
> And it suggests that you apply a patch to hal to make it do nothing when
> it has to do calls to libvolume_id.  Why is the patch not on CVS?  Note

See next message in thread,
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2006-July/005653.html

  |> Would this be considered for inclusion ?
  |
  | No, volume_id is a core feature of hal and it doesn't really make sense
  | to build hal without it.

I'm all with Elijah on this, most problems are caused by external
modules, they should be frozen at some point.

        Frederic